Do you think we mentioned all ideas to A/B test? If your answer is affirmative then you are wrong. We have some more for you. Read our ideas to increase your conversion. And if you missed our previous articles on A/B testing click here.
1. Add a description for each form field. Perhaps the visitors do not fill out the form completely, because they just do not understand what you want them to write and why.
2. Offer your potential customers some bonus if they fill out the form to the end (special offers, discounts etc). Today people are very lazy. And you have to be very convincing to get them to perform a particular action. Therefore, a bonus will be a great incentive.
3. If your goal is to get users’ email addresses, try to experiment with adding various short notes saying that you will never spam them. In some cases it helps to convert users into customers.
- Test the size of both the form and each field in it. If your form is too small and unattractive, make it bigger and see how it affects the test results. Large fields are perceived as more “friendly”.
- Try to use automatically filled fields. For example, you can automatically track the geographical location of a person, time zone, its national currency, etc. So do not ask him to fill out all this information. Make this process automatic and you will see how happy your customers will be.
- If your landing page has only one form, add one more – at the beginning and at the end of the page. It is the same situation as with the CTA buttons. Someone will want to fill out a form at the beginning of the page. And someone will look down the page and want to fill it there. Therefore let a potential client do so.
- As a rule, there is always a word or a sentence written in each search box. And it may also be a subject to testing. For example, you can write the most popular items in your online store. Or, on the contrary, to enter the item you want to sell quickly. Then the first thing a visitor sees is the name of the product, and subconsciously you can affect the next steps.
- Experiment with the position of the form: top, left, right, in the middle, bottom. For example, if you place the form at the top of the page next to the title, subtitle and product picture – it may be completely ineffective. Why? The problem is that at this stage visitors are not ready to enter their personal data. But the placement of the form after reviews and a list of benefits for the customer is a more streamlined version, which will increase the conversion rate.
To find out more about A/B testing Ideas click here.